The Japanese 14-day diet is considered to be one of the healthiest in the world and for this reason the average life expectancy of Japanese people is much higher than the rest of the world. But why is this so? "Japanese" promises maximum results in the shortest time - 8 kg in two weeks and most importantly gives a guaranteed result that lasts a long time.
The authorship is sometimes attributed to Mayo Clinic nutritionists. This solid and respected medical facility really exists. But this is not a Japanese but an American clinic. More specifically, a network of clinics and research centers headquartered in San Francisco. Mayo doctors offer several patented methods of weight loss.
Japanese Diet for 14 Days: A Brief Home
|The result of the Japanese diet||Minus 5-8 kg|
|Features||Low-calorie and strict, requires prior psychological dependence|
|Recommended frequency||Not more than 2 times a year|
|Additional effect||Long-term maintenance of the result (provided you leave the diet correctly)|
At the end of the diet it is important to follow certain recommendations to maintain the result for a long time. The basic principles of this method of weight loss are as follows:
- Rejection of spices, salt, preference for protein foods on the menu;
- Use exclusively dietary dishes;
- Adherence to a balanced diet in the future.
The Japanese diet is not suitable for pregnant, lactating women, gastritis and ulcers, as well as people with liver and kidney disease and people with heart failure. You should consult a doctor before starting a diet!
The Japanese system of weight loss is considered rigid and has a number of contraindications:
- With hypertension, cardiovascular diseases;
- Thyroid disorders;
- During pregnancy and lactation;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of any complexity, kidney disease;
- During sports;
- Hard physical and mental labor.
When it comes to getting rid of the pounds gained during the holiday in time, it is recommended to give fasting days - this practice does not harm health, does not burden digestion and does not get rid of water accumulated during the holiday.
Japanese diet for 14 days: the basics of proper nutrition
It is known that the Japanese have one of the highest life expectancies in the world and have very few cases of obesity, which exacerbates health problems. Japanese women live an average of 87 years, while men live to 80 years. The longevity of the Japanese is largely due to their healthy diet consisting mainly of fish, vegetables and herbs. One of the defining features is that Japanese cuisine emphasizes quality over quantity.
The goal of the Japanese diet for 14 days is to restore impaired metabolism, thanks to careful selection of low-calorie foods on the menu. The focus is on small parts of the new seasonal product. Diet lovers are advised to value quality rather than quantity and eat slowly to appreciate the taste of food and achieve a sense of satisfaction by eating less food.
The main factor in Japanese food is up to 80% nutrition. In addition, great attention is paid to the presentation and the beautiful and eye-catching look of the food.
Dairy products and bread are not included in the ration, and when beef and chicken are included in the diet, they are perceived more as a side dish than a main meal. Fresh fruit is a desirable dessert, however if you have a more caloric dessert you should eat it in very small quantities.
In Japan, breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day and often the longest. In her book, Naomi Moriah introduces diet lovers to the Japanese energy breakfast concept, which consists of miso soup, rice, eggs or fish, vegetables, fruits and green tea.
Since "Japanese" is an unbalanced system of weight loss, it is necessary to take vitamin complexes. Also, for effective weight loss, you need to drink a lot, and drink clean water and not juices and other beverages. Half a liter of water a day helps to remove toxins and breakdown products from the body.
The duration of the diet is 13 or 14 days. Some secrets learned from the book that are no longer secret:
- Fish, rice, vegetables, fruits and soy are the main foods of the Japanese. Almost all Japanese recipes are based on these ingredients. And of course, thanks to fish, the Japanese get omega-3 fatty acids, and as you know, they affect not only the skin / hair / nails, but the body as a whole.
- The Japanese eat only miniature dishes. The Japanese eat only miniature portions. They can eat a hamburger, but it will be a Japanese-sized hamburger. "In Japan, food is eaten in plates, cups and cups, which, compared to their American counterparts, are suitable for the cere finger boy. " It is believed that this increases the attractiveness of food and reduces the portion size.
- Japanese food is always "light". That is, instead of roasting vegetables, the Japanese cook them on steam or on the grill. The Japanese do not use spices at all, eat "naked" food and feel its natural taste.
- The Japanese replace bread with rice. Desserts are rarely eaten in small quantities. And they are constantly moving.
The main idea of the book is that the Japanese have a reasonable attitude towards food. Food is not a cult for them, they do not try to eat more and fat (like Americans), but eat it to make a living. We are talking about Americans. The book sets an "bad example" for Americans. Japan and America are constantly being compared. Of course, Japan wins.
Basic elements of the Japanese diet
Nutritionists point out several advantages - "Japanese" is both low-carbon and low-calorie, in addition, all foods should be eaten without salt, which leads to a feeling of hunger. The motto of the Japanese diet is moderation.
Given our penchant for fast and easy fast food, it is not surprising that a healthy Japanese-based "Japanese" diet, and not just a taste, will significantly improve life expectancy. And not what is advertised on television, since weight loss from unhealthy foods obviously leads to death.
The essence of the Japanese diet is to abandon salt and sugar, reduce the amount of carbohydrates and fats. It is important to follow food rules and menus that are easy to find online. The only thing that can be changed is to replace black coffee with green tea without sugar and add a little salt to the food every two days so that it does not spoil. Of course, by this time you should forget about fast food, sweets, alcohol and unhealthy foods.
In addition to the classic version of the Japanese diet, there is an option, the menu of which recommends drinking green tea instead of coffee.
So what foods are included in the Japanese diet daily?
- Fish for health. When you think of Japanese food, you probably think of sushi, which today usually means raw fish and rice. Therefore, the Japanese diet is closely related to the consumption of large amounts of fish. Fish is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to have beneficial properties even for the heart and brain.
- Less red meat. With so many fish, the Japanese are full enough to eat red meat! Red meat contains saturated fats, which in case of excessive consumption can block the arteries and also lead to obesity and heart disease. So eat more salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring and avoid red meat and potential heart attacks.
- Soy products. Like fish, soy foods such as tofu are also an excellent alternative source of protein than red meat or even dairy products because they have little or no saturated fat. Soy foods help reduce heart disease and lower blood pressure. A key part of the Japanese diet, soy foods help lower cholesterol levels and are a healthy supplement to a healthy diet.
- Lots of rice. The Japanese consume a large amount of rice, so much so that it is eaten with almost every meal of the day, including breakfast. Like low-fat carbohydrates, rice fills you up, so there is less room left for food, which promotes obesity and blocks arteries. (The Japanese can improve their health by replacing brown rice with white rice. )
- Natural laps. Japanese soba noodles are also the staple food of the country and are made from wheat and buckwheat flour, which promotes digestion. Soba noodles do not contain white flour and are considered to be much healthier because they are rich in fiber, which helps the body get rid of cholesterol and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Not many vegetables. The Japanese consume large amounts of vegetables and it is not uncommon to have vegetable soup or even a salad for breakfast! "Japanese" has an advantage over the Western diet due to the large consumption of crushed vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Chinese cabbage, cauliflower, cabbage and algae. They are rich in vitamin C and fiber and have strong anti-cancer properties. Methods of cooking vegetables include light steaming or roasting, which helps maintain the maximum amount of nutrients.
- Healthy tea. Japanese green tea has many health benefits. Green tea is believed to help regulate blood pressure, lower blood sugar, boost immunity, lower cholesterol, slow down the aging process, and studies have shown that green tea is effective in preventing cancer. Get as close to the elixir of life as possible!
- Healthy desserts. The Japanese love some Western desserts, such as ice cream or cakes, but they are more likely to eat seasonal fruit on a plate than sticky toffee puddings. Even when the menu includes Western style desserts, the portion size will be noticeably smaller.
- A small portion of food. In Japan, the portion of food is smaller, which in turn reduces the load on the digestive system. In Japan, tourists find that when they eat in a cafe or restaurant, the food will be about half what they are accustomed to.
- "Japanese" you. This weight loss system has undeniable health benefits that will extend your life, make you look thinner (and possibly younger) and be healthier overall. Adding lots of fish, rice (preferably brown rice) and vegetables to your diet, as well as reducing red meat and processed foods can drastically change your diet and health. Now go and drink green tea!
The diet menu includes natural black coffee, so this diet is not recommended for people with cardiovascular disease. You should consult a specialist doctor before starting to lose weight. I might recommend replacing coffee with black or green tea. Sports, especially the strong ones, should be postponed to the diet (daily calorie intake is less than the norm and the body does not "attract" a lot of physical activity).
14-Day Japanese Diet Shopping List
- Fruits (except bananas and grapes) - a total of 1 kg.
- Kefir - 1 liter (buy new, do not save for future use! ).
- First grade coffee beans or ground - 1 pack.
- Sea fish fillet - 2 kg.
- Fresh carrots - 2-3 kg.
- Lean beef, pulp - 1 kg.
- Your favorite variety of green tea (without additives and flavorings) - 1 pack.
- Zucchini, eggplant - a total of 1 kg.
- Fresh chicken eggs - 2 dozen.
- Chicken fillet - 1 kg.
- White cabbage - 2 medium-sized forks.
- Tomato juice - 1 liter.
- Extra pristine olive oil - 500 ml.
- Selected lemon - 2 pcs.
Japanese diet for 14 days: full menu of the menu
Nutritionists advise not to follow the Japanese diet for more than 14 days. You can repeat it every two years.
|Დroom 1||Coffee without added milk and sugar or a cup of tea||Two eggs garnished with stewed cabbage, fresh tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice||200 g of any cooked lean fish|
|Day 2||Coffee without added milk and sugar or a cup of tea||200 grams of lean fish, garnish with stewed vegetables||Two eggs, stewed cabbage or fresh vegetable salad|
|Day 3||Coffee or tea without sugar, milk, a small crust of rye bread||200 g of cooked lean fish with fresh or stewed vegetables||100 grams of cooked beef, a glass of low-fat kefir|
|Day 4||Coffee or tea without sugar, milk, a small crust of rye bread||Zucchini or eggplant cooked in vegetable oil||200 grams of boiled beef with fresh cabbage next to a dish with a small amount of butter, two boiled eggs|
|Day 5||Carrot salad with lemon juice||200 grams of boiled fish next to fresh tomatoes or one glass of tomato juice||200 grams of any fruit except bananas, grapes|
|Day 6||Tea or coffee without sugar and milk||200 grams of cooked beef||Two boiled eggs garnished with fresh carrots|
|Day 7||Tea or coffee without sugar and milk||200 grams of boiled chicken next to a vegetable salad with a dish (cabbage, carrots, a little oil)||200 grams of any fruit except bananas, grapes|
|Day 8||Carrot salad with lemon juice||Two boiled eggs, 50 grams of low-fat cheese, any vegetable salad||200 grams of beef, a glass of low-fat kefir|
|Day 9||Tea or coffee without milk or sugar||200 grams of chicken fillet, carrot and cabbage salad||Two eggs, any vegetable salad with a little oil|
|Day 10||Coffee or tea without sugar, milk, a small crust of rye bread||200 g of cooked lean fish with fresh or stewed vegetables||200 g of any cooked lean fish|
|Day 11||Coffee or tea without sugar, milk, a small crust of rye bread||Zucchini or eggplant cooked in vegetable oil||Two eggs, stewed cabbage or fresh vegetable salad|
|Day 12||Carrot salad with lemon juice||200 grams of boiled chicken next to a vegetable salad with a dish (cabbage, carrots, a little oil)||100 grams of cooked beef, a glass of low-fat kefir|
|Day 13||Tea or coffee without milk or sugar||200 grams of chicken fillet, one glass of tomato juice, vegetable salad||Two eggs, any vegetable salad with a little oil|
|Day 14||Tea or coffee without milk or sugar||Two eggs garnished with stewed cabbage, fresh tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice||200 grams of any fruit except bananas, grapes|
The number of dishes in the diet is limited to breakfast, lunch and dinner, including no meals.
- Can not be converted to breakfast and dinner, or diet days;
- Eat only products from the menu for 14 days (nothing will help you without insistence);
- Cabbage and fish do not change anything in the diet;
- Beef can be replaced 1-2 times with chicken (but not desirable);
- It is allowed to replace zucchini, pumpkin, beets (instead of burning this product, it is baked in foil with herbs and olive oil).
General principles of leaving the Japanese diet
If you have endured for 14 days of the Japanese diet, by no means should you switch to the foods that are now allowed, you should gradually get rid of it.
- You need to return to your usual diet gradually, gradually expanding your diet. You can add 1-2 new products to the menu daily by following the menu. You should start with vegetables, fruits, complex carbohydrates. A full return to a normal diet should occur no earlier than 7-14 days after the end of the diet.
- Meals should be rational. Why bother and stick to a strict diet if you start eating too many simple carbohydrates and fats the next day? The diet should be balanced, contain a lot of protein, vitamins, fiber.
Products based on the Japanese diet can remain the basis of the diet before and after. Lean meats and fish, vegetable salads, fresh fruits - all this only benefits the body and helps maintain a good figure. It is also worth maintaining a healthy drinking habit of plenty of fluids and minimizing salt and sugar intake. Then and at the end of the diet the extra pounds will not be terrible.
What results can we expect from the Japanese diet
The diet requires a lot of extra weight. In the early days it is liquid (and will return so 1-2 kg you will recover again and that is normal). But the remaining 3-6 kg melts without a trace. 20-30 kg overweight women can lose at least 10 kg in two weeks.
Despite the impressive results, it is not recommended to follow this diet constantly: it is low in calories and poor in nutrients, which means that it can harm a woman's health. Deteriorating skin, nails, teeth, affecting the reproductive system and gastrointestinal tract. The Japanese weight loss system should not be repeated too often: once every six months will be optimal.
Among the many diets, the Japanese diet stands out, which is often reviewed. It is believed that "Japanese" not only effectively removes excess weight, but also promotes the acquisition of good eating habits and also improves metabolism.
- First review, female, 31 years old. "I wanted, so to speak, to cleanse the body before the approaching vacation and at the same time slightly straighten the figure. I was surprised at the effectiveness, but immediately resented how to 'plant' the body. Be vigilant. Dear ladies, before you go on such strict diets.
- Second review, Female, 20 years old. "But I risked this diet for more than 14 days. I did it in vain. My metabolism has been disrupted and now I do not know what to do. "
- Third review, female, 38 years old. "After the baby was born, I decided to lose weight. I'm very happy. Of course, I did not go back to my previous forms, but I got stronger. I advise anyone who wants to get rid of extra centimeters. And check their willpower. "Together, on this diet, the abdomen is stretched nicely. "
- Fourth review, female, 28 years old. "Do not make fun of the body. Which is probably good for the Japanese, but I have a strong suspicion that the Japanese drink black coffee in the morning, it is unacceptable for other people. Of course, I survived the whole 14 days, but what did it cost me. "Headaches and all this to lose 5 pounds? I expected more, at least 8. The creators of the diet claim that the diet is a complete normalization of metabolism, which allows you to maintain a sustainable result after a long time, adhering to a balanced diet in the future. "
- Fifth review, male, 40 years old. "And I asked my husband to lose weight. At first he resisted, he did not want to. " I 'got' weak ', then it happened. At first it was difficult, but the result surprised us. Years younger. "I tried it myself. Beer belly and hanging pages like never before. "
- Sixth review, female, 36 years old. I have sat on the "Japanese woman" many times, I like the diet very much, because I have gained at least 5 kilograms, I do not need more. In the first days without salt is very difficult, so it is necessary. "Try not to give up everything and do not start eating as before, I am purposeful, so I endured, the result was very satisfied, except for the kilograms, the volumes went, I forgot what swelling is. "
Be that as it may, in any weight loss diet the main thing is not its name but its effectiveness in terms of weight loss and in this regard, reviews of those who have lost weight on this diet as well as reviews of nutritionists. Comments on him most often agree with his positive assessment.
You need to know that every diet is a huge stress for the body. Do not bring yourself to exhaustion. Treat yourself carefully and with understanding of who, if not you, will take care of your loved one. "Japanese" is a very strict weight loss system. Gives results in a short time, but the combination of proteins-fats-carbohydrates-vitamins is absolutely unbalanced.
If you still have doubts about whether to follow a diet, try to consult a dietitian. Congratulations on losing weight and good luck!